Joint General Editors: Revd Andrew Pratt & Revd Don Pickard
HymnQuest: 17.1 is the latest release in the worship planning software resource from The Pratt Green Trust and provides a fast and intuitive search facility for churches, schools, leaders of worship, publishers, researchers and anyone interested in hymns and songs, to find exactly what they want at the click of a mouse. For the first time, this version now runs natively on both Microsoft Windows PCs and Apple Mac OS X computers.
Please note that for copyright reasons HymnQuest is only available for sale in the UK & Eire.
COPYRIGHT LICENCE USERS’ EDITION (CLUE)
This version of HymnQuest is available on annual subscription to holders of a valid copyright licence as issued by Christian Copyright Licensing (Europe) Ltd and/or a Calamus Licence as issued by Decani Music. Printing, copying and direct export to PowerPoint is available for most of the 31,000 texts (usually dependent on the terms of your CCL, or Calamus licence). Upgrades and updates to the software are available free of charge for the duration of your live subscription.
HymnQuest: Copyright Licence Users’ Edition (CLUE) can be ordered here:
1. Please first complete the Warranty Declaration Form
2. Then click the “Buy Online” above to order through the Stainer & Bell secure online shop. Don’t forget, if you purchase the CLUE Version, you are entitled to buy additional licences at a reduced rate of £25.00. (50% discount).
This version of HymnQuest is sold as an annual subscription running for 12 months from purchase. Printing, copying and direct export to PowerPoint is available for over 10,000 public domain texts. Upgrades and updates to the software are available free of charge for the duration of your live subscription. Note: This version (which replaces the old Standard version) does not require a CCL or Calamus licence.
SUMMARY OF DATA & FEATURES (BOTH VERSIONS)
HymnQuest provides fast, sophisticated searching facilities, enabling users to search for words, phrases, dates and names. All searches can be limited to cover specific hymn and song books, allowing you to narrow down the results to books you have access to in your church or school.
A unique search facility of HymnQuest, is being able to search for tunes based on their opening notes.
New for version 17.1 is a dedicated Web App (HymnQuest Mobile), which enables subscribers to HymnQuest the ability to search the databases from their laptop, tablet or smartphone devices for the first time.
First Lines & Choruses; Authors & Sources; Bible References; Lectionary; Themes
Tune Names; Composers & Sources; Metres
Hymnbooks; Copyright Administrators
|full hymn texts|
|first lines, choruses and antiphons|
|Full tunes (PDF & Scorch formats)|
|authors and composers|
|references to over 2,500 themes|
|book references to 504 books|
|author & composer biographical notes|
|author & composer pictures|
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Mac OS X
- Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8, v10.9 or higher
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Either Operating System:
- 202MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection (optional) together with Adobe Acrobat Reader and Sibelius Scorch Plug-in to view/download the full music
- A Soundcard (optional) to hear the hymn tunes and Virtual Keyboard